Welcome to the second episode of “Ask the Golf Doctor”. Dr. Todd Rodman from Sports Chiropractic and Natural Health Solutions in Boca Raton, FL is joining us this week to talk about one of the most popular injury in golfers: elbow pain.
Why do we get elbow pain during golf?
Pain in the elbow occurs due to the inflammation of the elbow tendons (epicondylitis). This can happen from the repetitive motions of the golf swing and/or poor mechanics of the shoulder.
Is it tennis elbow or golfer’s elbow?
Tennis elbow affects the lateral/outside part of your elbow.
Golfer’s elbow affects the medial/inside part of your elbow.
Should you be doing stretches to prevent and improve your elbow pain?
Be cautious when stretching areas that are swollen and painful. To get some relief from your tennis or golfer’s elbow, try these exercises instead:
- Cross-friction massage with the knuckle.
- Forearm roll with tennis ball or lacrosse ball
- Lateral forearm roll with tennis or lacrosse ball
- Eccentric wrist rolls
- Chest stretch on wall to external rotation of shoulder
Learn more about Dr. Todd and his practice in Boca Raton, FL
- Website: http://scnhs.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/scnhs/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SportsChiropractic
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sportschiropractic/
TRAIN WITH THE FIT GOLFER GIRL! ONLINE AND IN PERSON GOLF FITNESS PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
GET YOUR FREE GOLF STRETCHING GUIDE HERE:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! New Videos Every Monday!
MORE GREAT GOLF FITNESS VIDEOS HERE:
FOR MORE GREAT GOLF FITNESS TIPS CHECK OUT THE FIT GOLFER GIRL BLOG:
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!